Each nation has its own traditions and characteristics, on the basis of which its political system is formed. Uzbekistan has its own experience in democratic construction. The main thing is to maintain consistency and maintain stability, which our country clearly demonstrates.
The efforts undertaken in our country to increase the political culture of the electorate, the level of public awareness of the election campaign and election legislation, and the strengthening of the role of public institutions in education are important components of democratic development.
At present, when the democratic processes in Uzbekistan are rapidly developing, and the political consciousness of the population is growing rapidly, there is an urgent need to create a new force - the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan.
Recall that on January 22, 2019, the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan was registered as a political party in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
On December 22, the newly formed Ecological Party of Uzbekistan will take part in the elections to the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as to regional, city and district councils.
The main task of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan is to consolidate the efforts of present and future generations to ensure the right to a favorable environment, achieve environmental sustainability and protect public health without dividing society into social groups.
The main goal of the party is to create a sustainable environmental society in the country.
In this context, the Party identified the following important tasks in its election program:
- achieving a reduction in water consumption through the implementation of water-saving projects in all sectors of the economy, including drip irrigation technology, and the introduction of effective water saving technologies to 25% of irrigated land;
- an increase in the area of protected natural territories to 12% of the country's territory;
- introduction of a system of continuing environmental education in secondary and secondary specialized educational institutions, as well as a system of training environmental personnel in higher educational institutions;
- the development of socio-political activity of women and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle, including improving the medical culture of the population;
- decision making on the establishment of a research institute in the field of ecology and environmental protection, rational use of natural resources;
- protecting the ecosystem and the environment, taking into account the importance of natural resources in the development of national strategies and programs for the development of industries and sectors of the economy;
- improvement of the regulatory framework in the field of ecology, ensuring strict compliance with international norms and rules adopted by Uzbekistan, and the adoption of a comprehensive and direct environmental code of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- increasing the number of environmentally friendly vehicles, improving the use of bicycles and bringing fuel quality to international standards. Solving the problem of recycling obsolete cars;
- construction and maintenance of other energy-efficient requirements of "green construction" for all houses under construction.
In this context, the signing by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Sh.M. Mirziyoyev of the Decree “On approval of the Strategy for the transition of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the green economy for the period 2019-2030” of October 4, 2019, is a significant step in the development of the country's economy, the welfare of the population and environmental protection.
In the document, special attention was paid to measures to mitigate the negative impact of the environmental crisis in the Aral Sea region, as well as increased responsibility of the relevant ministries and departments in resolving this topical issue.
It should be noted that the Party’s priority is the implementation of state policy aimed at a comprehensive solution of environmental problems, improving the environmental situation in the country and improving national legislation in the field of environment and health.
In particular, the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan proposed that the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan declare a six-month moratorium on felling of especially valuable and relict tree species in all regions of the country before the development and adoption of a package of measures to protect them.
Of course, this is no coincidence. Unfortunately, felling of trees in the settlements of the country has become one of the most pressing issues that have received wide resonance. Social networks are increasingly reporting mass cutting of green spaces during the construction and reconstruction of structures, industrial and social facilities, roads and utilities. At the same time, perennial trees are often cut down, which causes public protest and indignation.
In this regard, the Party seeks to find a legal solution to this and other important problems of concern to the population.
It is known that in the Republic of Uzbekistan equal conditions are created for candidates and political parties for the election campaign and genuinely democratic, open, free and transparent elections are ensured. It should be emphasized that the upcoming parliamentary elections will be significantly different from the previous ones. As the legal knowledge and political activity of our society has changed, the demands of voters have increased.
Consequently, the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan is fully aware of its responsibility to the electorate and seeks to mobilize all its potential for the development of the country and encourages society to unite in these noble efforts.
Boriy Alikhanov - Chairman of the Executive Committee
Central Council of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan,
Sevara Fayzieva - Chairman of Yunusabad
district party organization of the
Ecological Party of Uzbekistan