You are here: Home Actual tasks of the Ecological Party on the eve of general elections
One of the significant events in the socio-political life of Uzbekistan was the appearance in January 2019 in the political arena of a new political force - the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan.
It all began in November 2018, when the Organizing Committee was created at a meeting of the initiators of the creation of an environmental party in Uzbekistan. Then a “Road Map” was developed for the creation of an environmental party. It was decided to preserve and transfer to the new political force the experience of the Ecologicall Movement of Uzbekistan, which has been in force since 2008, in improving legislation, international cooperation, public environmental control and the practice of solving environmental problems.
In December 2018, conferences on the election of delegates to the constituent congress of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan were held in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and the city of Tashkent, and on January 8, 2019, the Constituent Congress of the party was held in Tashkent, the Program, Charter and symbols of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan were approved, and its members were elected governing bodies.
The next step was the holding in late February - early March of conferences on the establishment of territorial party organizations of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and in the city of Tashkent.
In May and the summer months, district and city party organizations were created at district and city conferences.
Now the party has 14 territorial and more than 200 district and city party organizations. In many makhallas, at enterprises, in institutions and organizations, primary party organizations have been created.
Over the 8 months of its activity, about 250,000 people have become members of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan, of which 37% are women and 60% are young people.
From the very first days of the activity of the initiators and activists of the party, its representatives became active participants in a number of events significant for the country:
- November 27, 2018 - in the presentation of the Multi-Partnership Trust Fund for Human Security for the Aral Sea region at the UN headquarters in New York, where about 300 representatives of UN agencies, WB, ADB, other international financial institutions and international environmental associations, scientists participated;
- March 21-22, 2019 - in the Regional Forum of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe in Geneva, where the party leader made a report on the Aral Sea problem;
- April 4, 2019 - at the Central Asian Climate Change Conference, where party representatives made reports on the consequences of climate change in the region and mitigation measures for the Aral Sea region;
- July 8, 2019 - at the Regional Ministerial Conference of the countries of Europe and the CIS on the “green economy” with a report on the development of the “green economy” in Uzbekistan;
- September 24-26, 2019 at the Climate Summit as part of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly, where the chairman of the Executive Committee of the Central Council of the party made a report on the consequences of climate change in the Aral Sea basin.
In its activities, the party focuses on practical work:
- On January 23, at the initiative of the Khorezm, Bukhara and Karakalpak party organizations, a charity event was held in Muynak district of Karakalpakstan: more than 400 kg of saxaul seeds and food products for forestry workers working in the Aral region were collected and transferred to the headquarters for forest planting in the Aral Sea region;
- On January 26, at the initiative of the party and its partners, a nationwide charitable environmental hash was held, in which more than 5 million people took part. and earned funds - over 100 billion soums were transferred to the development funds of the Aral Sea region;
- On March 16-17, the Khorezm, Bukhara and Karakalpak party organizations under the motto: “Help Aral” together with volunteers of the Columbia University Student Fund “The World Aral Region Charity INC” installed water purification equipment in three district schools of Khorezm region, created an ecological garden and planted more 1000 seedlings of fruit and ornamental trees;
- March 18-19, the Khorezm, Bukhara and Karakalpak party organizations, together with volunteers from the student fund of Columbia University in the Muynak district of Karakalpakstan, held a charity khashar and other events, created a friendship garden, where about 5000 seedlings were planted;
- On June 15-16, the Tashkent Regional Party Organization, together with the Ecological Movement and the IFAS Agency, in the framework of the international festival "Chimgan Echo-2019" held an action "We are for clean Chimgan" to clean the territory of the mountain tract from household waste:
- On July 7, the party organized a trip of representatives of the public and the media to the Farish district of the Jizzakh region at the construction site of a nuclear power plant and held public hearings on the development of nuclear energy in Uzbekistan;
- July 18, the Tashkent regional party organization, together with the Ecomovement, organized public hearings on the impact of the activities of Ammofos-Maxam JSC on the environment and public health in Almalyk;
- On July 30, the Tashkent city party organization, together with the Ecological Movement, held public hearings on the impact of the production activities of Uzvtortsvetmet JSC and Tashkent Pipe Plant JV LLC on the environment and public health of the Sergeli district of Tashkent.
Based on the results of these measures, specific recommendations were prepared and presented to the relevant organizations, the implementation of which was taken over by the party.
Having joined the 2019 election campaign, the party determined the most important tasks of its election program.
- implementation of state policy aimed at ensuring environmental safety of the population, a comprehensive solution of environmental problems and improving the environment in the country;
- improvement of national legislation in the field of ecology and healthcare;
- facilitating the country's transition to a green economy;
- increase the level of environmental culture, the formation of a healthy lifestyle;
- development of international cooperation in environmental and health issues.
In implementing these tasks, a wide range of problematic issues will be covered, such as:
- drying of the Aral Sea and mitigation of its negative consequences for the population and the environment of the Aral Sea;
- pollution of air and drinking water sources, lack of water resources;
- land degradation and desertification of large territories;
- reduction of biodiversity;
- accumulation of large volumes of industrial and domestic waste;
- ensuring food security;
- low level of environmental knowledge and the need to improve environmental culture;
- the lack of a single integrated regulatory act regulating all issues in the field of environmental protection and rational use of natural resources.
Concrete mechanisms for solving these problems have been developed.
To solve these large-scale issues, it is necessary to mobilize all party members, all the intellectual, material-technical and organizational-personnel potential of primary, district and territorial party organizations.
We know how to act, how to solve environmental problems and improve the environment and human health. Therefore, our main slogan was the slogan “We are responsible for the future!”.
Our main goal is clear and understandable to everyone: to maintain a favorable natural environment for future generations. Therefore, we have the right to expect broad support for the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan in all regions of the country.
Deputy Chairman of the Executive Committee
Central Council of the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan