Scientific Council of the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan was established in February 2011. The Scientific Council consists of representatives of the Ecomovement, leaders, leading experts and scholars of universities, research departments, relevant ministries and departments. The work of the Council is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Charter of the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan, the decisions of the Board staff Central Council of the Ecological Movement, as well as provisions on scientific advice. Scientific Council of the Ecological Movement is an advisory, recommendatory authority.
The objectives of the Council are:
- planning and organization of the scientific advisory, expert, scientific methods and other assistance to the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan;
- scientific cooperation with the relevant ministries, agencies, State Committee, educational institutions and scientific divisions, international organizations to address environmental issues;
- development international scientific cooperation in the field of environmental protection;
- coordination and evaluation of the most important, State level science programs, projects and developments in the field of ecology;
- organization of scientific environmental forums;
- creation at the Ecological Movement of Uzbekistan of publishing structure.